How an Online Portal Can Solve 9 Common Logistics Problems
Eric Robbeets, Business Development Manager of Xpand Ukraine:
Logistics is a complex and competitive industry that requires constant innovation and improvement. One of the ways to achieve this is by using an online portal that connects customers and suppliers and streamlines the logistics workflow. In this article, you can find how a web-based solution like Xpand Portal can solve nine common problems that may arise in the activities of logistics companies, and help you deliver exceptional service.
Order Placement and Tracking
- Customers can place orders online through the portal, eliminating the need for manual order processing.
- They can also track their orders in real-time through the portal, providing transparency and visibility into the logistics process.
- The portal can provide customers and suppliers with up-to-date inventory information, including real-time inventory availability across multiple warehouses or distribution centers, lead times, and order status.
- The portal can serve as a platform for obtaining information about the unloading and loading of incoming and outgoing trucks/containers.
Invoicing and Billing
- The portal streamlines the invoicing and billing processes by automatically distributing invoices based on completed orders.
- This reduces manual effort, improves accuracy, and speeds up the billing cycle, ensuring timely payments and reducing the risk of errors or delays.
- Next to this reminder and amounts due could also be shared via the portal.
Communication and Collaboration
- The portal helps customers and suppliers communicate and work together easily.
- It enables an efficient and timely exchange of information, such as order updates, delivery schedules, documents, and other relevant information, reducing the need for phone calls and emails.
- Logistics involves various documents, such as purchase orders, invoices, shipping documents, and customs paperwork. The portal can facilitate document management by allowing customers and suppliers to securely upload, access, and share relevant documents.
- This reduces paperwork, improves accuracy, and enhances document traceability.
The portal can trigger automatic notifications to relevant stakeholders within the logistics chain. This automation saves time and works proactively with customers and suppliers.
- The portal can provide key performance indicators (KPIs) and analytics related to logistics operations.
- Customers and suppliers can access metrics such as on-time delivery rates, order accuracy, and lead time performance.
This helps in monitoring performance, identifying bottlenecks, and implementing process improvements.
Claims and Dispute Management
Managing and resolving issues can be time-consuming in logistics. The portal can streamline this process by providing customers with a self-service interface to initiate claims & complaints, report issues, and track their resolution, ensure proper documentation, and facilitate communication between logistics providers and insurers. This helps in expediting the claims settlement process and minimizing financial losses. It enhances customer satisfaction and reduces manual intervention.
Data Integration, and Automation
The portal can integrate with various systems via the available API’s, such as enterprise resource planning (ERP) software warehouse management systems (WMS), and transportation management systems (TMS). This enables seamless data exchange automated processes and reduces manual data entry errors.
As you can see a web-based solution like Xpand Portal can help you solve many logistics problems and improve your performance. It can help you save time, money, and hassle while increasing customer satisfaction, and loyalty.
If you are a representative of a logistics company and want to learn more about Xpand Portal, the portal of our development, and understand how it can benefit your business, please contact me directly via LinkedIn or at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a personal demo.